Listen Live Help
NEW PLAYER LAUNCH UPDATE 6/11/15:
Most bugs with the new player have been resolved. We have two remaining known issues that we continue to work through:
1. Some listeners may experience rapid refreshes of the web browser with our player active. While we work through this bug, we recommend using a different web browser.
2. Some listeners may experience difficulty playing the new streams. This seems to be due to firewalls at different businesses. We're testing alternative solutions and hope to have this issue resolved shortly as well.
If you have any feedback, comments, or concerns about the new player, let us know at email@example.com.
Browser compatibility with the new player:
The following web browsers are the earliest versions compatible with our new player. If you use this version or later in one of these browsers you will be able to listen to the stream in the new player:
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Firefox 7 or higher
- Google Chrome 14 or higher
- Safari 5 or higher
Alternative Ways of Listening
You may alternately utilize one of our MP3 streams. These also may work well with mobile devices, internet radios, and desktops. To listen: Click on, or copy and paste one of the URLs below into any media player capable of streaming the MP3 format.
- News - http://news-stream.iowapublicradio.org/listen.pls
- Classical - http://classical-stream.iowapublicradio.org/listen.pls
- Studio One - http://studioone-stream.iowapublicradio.org/listen.pls
Suggested media players for MP3s:
Mobile Phone Apps:
Public Radio Player
You can listen to Iowa Public Radio through the Public Radio Player app for iPhone. This app is available on Apple platforms only. To download the App, go to the Apple App Store.
You can also listen to Iowa Public Radio through the TuneIn Radio app. This app is available for both iPhone and Android. To download the App, go to the TuneIn Radio site.
Didn't find a solution that worked for you?
Help us improve everyone's listening online experience. Call us at 515-725-1700 or 800-861-8000 or email your listening online problem, solution, or suggestion.
Our podcasts are available in iTunes. You may search the iTunes store by show title: Talk of Iowa, River to River, Java Blend, Studio One Live Sets, Iowa Arts Showcase, and IPR Classical Interviews.
You may view our podcasts through our website Here.
If you're having difficulty viewing or downloading our podcasts in Chrome, you may click Here to download the Chrome plug-in.